This large kit is a beautiful, high quality, design led, stitched-tapestry kit, unlike any kit you may have experienced before. 'Absolutely not your standard, run of the mill kit' (J. Wilson, 2022. Insta :)
It gives you permission to add your own twist, make your own design decisions and break the rules. Take it easy, be methodical, meditative and relaxed. Your piece can be beautiful in its simplicity, or you can go to town with shiny, metallic threads, complex stitches and/or embellishments. The choice is yours.
Suggestions are given to spark your own ideas – remember to post your progress and finished works @claireabaker_community on Instagram!
The finished 40cm square can be used to make a strikingly different, unique cushion cover with an incredible story. Be sure to display it in a prominent position.
‘This stitched tapestry design was imagined whilst researching the everyday lives of the Babushkas which indicate a strong regional identity. I am fascinated by the objects in their homes and the stories they tell. They own few artefacts, only things necessary or useful. Personal items consist mainly of loved family photographs, religious icons, a few knick-knacks and their beautiful embroideries. Embroidered cloths [rushnyky - рушники] hang in every home and evocatively, the textiles are often all that remain in many of the houses abandoned since 1986’.
Valentina's Red Flask - Tapestry Cushion Front Kit
- Tapestry Needle
- Printed 12 Count Tapestry Canvas - finished size: 40cms x 40cms
- 59 Skeins of Appleton’s 100% Pure British Wool
- Guidelines on a Postcard
- Inspirational Photographs
- Surprise ‘Bonus’ Embroidery Pack
- Magnetic Keepsake Box [Size: 31cm x 22cm x 6.5cm]
Your printed flask canvas gives you:
- the opportunity to use your own stash of old or part-used wools like the Babushkas, giving a unique result and less waste
- no graphs or counting, just colour it with stitches
- borders to make stretching & mounting clear and easy
- exciting possibilities for creative stitchers of any level